In 2016, when we established Service Year Alliance, we set out to make a service year a common expectation and opportunity for every young American. Each day, we come closer to making our vision a reality. Here are just a few of the ways we’ve had an impact since our founding:
- We helped the next generation of exciting new service year programs launch and grow, including ArtistYear, Baltimore Corps, Lead For America, MedServe, and Report For America.
- We engaged more than 150,000 young people in their search for the right service year opportunity on ServiceYear.org.
- We acquired AmeriCorps Alums, the only national network that connects over 1 million alums from all AmeriCorps programs.
We led creative advocacy campaigns that reached hundreds of millions of people and increased federal funding for national service.
- Since our founding, federal funding for full-time AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and YouthBuild positions has grown from a baseline level of $916M in FY15 to $1.255B in FY19 — a cumulative increase of $1.2B in funding for national service.
- We built a network of communities across the country that are using service years as a strategy to solve community challenges.
Interested in learning more about our impact? Contact us: