Resource Type Descriptions
Template refers to an already prepared resource. Template examples are corps member agreement and corps member position descriptions.
Policy Document is a system of principles to guide decisions and achieve outcomes. Policy examples are diversity and inclusion hiring practices and mentoring policies.
Training is teaching or developing others in skills and knowledge that relate to specific competencies. Training examples are onboarding and skills development trainings.
How-to Guide refers to a description of how to accomplish a specific task for non-experts. How-to examples are corps member housing guides and fundraising strategies.
Category Type Descriptions
Corps Member Experience. Materials that are effective in providing a positive impact and quality of life for the person serving. Example is corps member orientation and onboarding training.
- Corps Member Orientation and Onboarding Process
- Corps Member Professional, Leadership, & Skills Development (including Badges Use, Project Management skills)
- Corps Member Life After Corps Preparation and Delivery (including Career and Academic Pathways Development and Alumni Engagement)
- Diversity Inclusion Strategy (including Orientation and Onboarding Process)
- Addressing Housing Needs for Corps Members
- Addressing Mental Health Needs for Corps Members
Program Effectiveness. Materials that provide ways for programs to evaluate their performance and take action based on lessons learned. Example is a how-to guide for using data to strengthen programs.
- Use of Data to Strengthen Program (including data agreements among agencies)
- Strategies for Sustaining Corps Member Efforts Year to Year
- Corps Member Feedback Surveys
- Fundraising Strategies
- Host Site Agreements
Strategic Partnerships & Collaboration. Materials that are effective in creating an understanding between partners and the shared goals/impact that will come out of the collaboration. Example is collaboration agreement between programs in a community.
- Building Comradery Among Corps Members from Different Programs in a Community
- Consortium of Partners Driving Collective Community Impact
- Collaboration Between Programs in a Community
- Partnerships for Post-service Employment Opportunities for Corps Members
Growth Strategies. Materials that highlight effective ways in growing programs and/or new ways of addressing existing problems. Example is scaling programs in more than one community policy document.
- Pitch Decks Used for Funders
- Optimizing Service Year Exchange to Fulfill Recruitment Goals
- Scaling Programs in More than One Community
- Thinking Outside the Box in Addressing Community Needs
- Pipeline Recruitment Feed from One Program to Another
Building the Movement. Materials that are effective in building the brand and importance of service to create collective impact in the field. An example is a template to introduce parents to the idea of a service year as a viable option in child's career path.
- Engaging Parents in Service Year being a Viable Option in Child's Career Path
- Building Brand Through Swag
- Building Service Year Advocates out of Corps Members
- Fostering Shared-Identity Among Corps Members to the Service Year Movement